Friday, June 25, 2010

What to do with the kids this summer?

Well, school has been out for one week here on the West coast.  I have let the kids lay around the whole week and play on their new iTouches they got for their birthdays last month.  This week we are going to get busy!  I have always bought the Summer Bridge Summer Activity books and this summer will be no different.  I think these workbooks are just great and the kids (10-girl and 13-boy) enjoy them.  It is just enough to keep their minds sharp, but not so much they feel they are still in school.  Here is a link to their site:  http://www.summerbridgeactivities.org/?gclid=CJDM6I3ju6ICFQrxDAodOEqv6g

The school also has a summer reading list where each child has three books to read before school starts.  We don't start on these until August because they will just forget the content and not be able to complete the assignment in class.  I learned this lesson a few years ago when I rushed to the library and had them complete all their summer reading right away.  Well, when school started and they were tested on the books, they couldn't remember anything!

We will also be swimming everyday.  I plan to get in the pool too to get some exercise!  I hope everyone has a great summer ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment